Mothers Day Recipes with our Mom, Eva
Our founder, Eva, is not only our purchasing manager and special parts specialist but also the resident baker in the warehouse! Thats why we knew she was the right person to go for the best treats to show our mothers some well-deserved appreciation.
Whats better than a Mothers Day recipe approved by a mom?
Sweet Blueberry Muffins
Surprise mom with a brunch treat of sweet blueberry muffins. A little bit of stirring and mixing leaves you with not only a fun but delicious baking experience!
· 1 egg
· ½ cup milk
· ¼ cup salad oil
· 1 ½ cups Gold Medal Flour
· ½ cup sugar
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat egg and then stir in milk and salad oil.
3. Mix in remaining ingredients of flour, sugar, and baking powder. Fold blueberries into batter.
4. Fill muffin cups with batter until slightly over halfway full. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Moms are the center of our worlds, so why not give them the best of both with these cookies? The fudgy, soft center balances just the right amount of powdery crunch on the outside!
Serving: 3 dozen cookies
· ½ cup butter, softened
· 1 ½ cups of sugar
· 3 eggs
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 4 (1 oz) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
· 2 cups flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ¾ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray up to 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Parchment paper is also a great option in place of cooking spray.
2. Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until ingredients are well mixed.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
4. Mix in vanilla and chocolate. Stir in remaining ingredients of flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Refrigerate dough for at least 4 hours. Roll dough into balls and coat in ¾ cup powdered sugar before baking.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies spring back when lightly touched.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry season is mom season! This no bake strawberry cheesecake is perfect for both junior and expert bakers to easily make. Each delicious, fluffy slice is filled with fresh or pureed strawberries, and most importantly, topped off with whipped cream!
· Premade graham cracker crust
· ½ pound fresh strawberries
· 1 cup granulated sugar divided
· 2 tablespoons corn starch
· 2 packages cream cheese (750g or 24oz total)
· Whipped cream and additional fresh strawberries for garnish
1. Wash and chop the ½ pound of strawberries. Puree until smooth. For best results, use a food processor or blender.
2. Whisk together the strawberry puree, ¼ cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of corn starch until smooth. Place everything into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until very thick. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. For best results, use an electric mixer on high speed.
4. Add the remaining ¾ cup of sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add the previously set aside strawberry sauce and once again beat until smooth and fluffy. If using an electric mixer, use medium high speed.
5. Spread cheesecake filling into the premade graham cracker crust and refrigerate at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight until thoroughly chilled and set.
6. Garnish with whipped cream and chopped strawberries to your hearts content.