Create These 10 Fun Specialty Coffee Recipes at Home With Your Coffee Maker
Want to impress your friends and family? Heres a tip - You dont need to go to a Starbucks or be trained as a barista to make quality coffee at home. With minimal effort and a countertop coffee machine or espresso machine, you can make a coffee drink for any taste.
Its easy enough to brew a cup of coffee with a kettle and a french press, but many of these drinks require an espresso base. Brentwood coffee makers and Miele coffee makers, both available on our online coffee maker store, allow you to make a quality cup of coffee or espresso in a pinch, and many models include the milk frothers youll need to make some of the recipes below.
Regardless of what countertop coffee system youre rocking, youll find a drink below thats bound to become your new favorite and rival any found at a coffee shop.
How to Make Speciality Coffee at Home - Our Top 10 Recipes
1. Cafe au Lait
- 1 part hot strong coffee (French roast)
- 1 part steamed milk
- Gather the ingredients.
- Into a large cup, pour equal parts of strong hot coffee and steamed milk, reserving the foam.
- Spoon reserved foam on top and serve hot.
- ½ cup of milk
- ? cup of espresso
- Place milk in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until milk is hot and small bubbles form around the edge of the cup.
- Place a metal whisk in a cup; whisk vigorously by holding the whisk handle loosely between palms and quickly rubbing hands back and forth. Remove foam to a small measuring cup as it forms. Continue whisking until foam measures 1/3 cup; set aside.
- Pour Easy Espresso into a mug; pour in remaining hot milk. Spoon foam over top and serve immediately.
3. Cold Brew
- Coarsely ground coffee beans
- Combine coarse coffee grounds with water, then let it steep overnight, or for around 12 hours.
- Strain the next morning using a cheesecloth or paper coffee filter, and keep refrigerated until serving.
By Add a Pinch
- Ice, crushed is recommended
- Espresso or strong coffee
- Milk, or favorite half-and-half, milk or milk alternative (soy, almond, oat milk, etc)
- Sweetener of choice (granulated sugar, stevia, honey, etc.)
- Optional toppings such as whipped cream and chocolate syrup
- Blend together ice, espresso (or strong coffee), milk, and sweetener until well blended.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with optional toppings of whipped cream and chocolate syrup, if using.
- Serve immediately and enjoy every sip!
5. Vanilla Latte
By a Sweet Pea Chef
- espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- unsweetened almond milk
- full-fat coconut milk
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- Make the espresso or strongly brewed coffee.
- Combine the coffee with vanilla and the rest of the vanilla latte ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer the liquid to a blender and blend until foamy.
- pour the vanilla latte into mugs and enjoy!
6. Gingerbread Latte
Ingredients (Gingerbread Syrup):
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup of water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions (Gingerbread Syrup):
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the ingredients. Heat over medium heat, stirring until combined.
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a heat proof storage container. Shake well before each use to redistribute the spices.
- 3 tablespoons Gingerbread Syrup
- 2 shots espresso
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- whipped cream optional
- In a large coffee cup, add two shots of espresso. Stir in 3 tablespoons of Gingerbread Syrup and top with frothed milk.
- Scoop the foam of the frothed milk onto the top of the latte. Freshly grate nutmeg over the foam.
- Optional: Add whipped cream to the top of the milk foam before freshly grating the nutmeg.
7. Pumpkin-Spice Latte (PSL)
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and coffee.
- Divide the mixture between two mugs. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
8. Cafe Mocha
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pour hot coffee into a mug.
- Stir in cocoa, sugar, and milk.
9. White Chocolate Mocha
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips or white chocolate sauce
- 1.5 ounces espresso or 1 tablespoon instant espresso plus 3 tablespoons of hot water to dissolve
- 1 cup milk whole, half and half, or skim
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- If you are using the white chocolate sauce - add the sauce to a coffee mug.
- Heat the milk, and use a milk frother to make the milk frothy.
- Layer the espresso and milk (frothed if you prefer) on top and stir.
- Top with whipped cream. If you are using white chocolate chips - in a double boiler melt the white chocolate chips with the milk. Pour the milk mixture over the espresso and top with whipped cream.
10. Frozen Mocha
- 1 cup strong coffee, frozen into cubes
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1-3 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Optional-whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, more chocolate syrup
- Place milk in a blender and add coffee cubes.
- Blend until crushed, add chocolate syrup and sugar to taste.
- Blend again.
- Pour into glass and top with whipped cream, drizzle with more chocolate syrup and garnish with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.
Interested in a quality coffee machine?
Were proud to offer a wide range of espresso and coffee machines by popular brands including Miele, Black & Decker, and Mr. Coffee. Check out our full range of machines today.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can give us a call (1-877-819-6857) or shoot us an email (email@example.com). Were happy to help!