10 Easy and Healthy Air Fryer Recipes for 2021
Air fryers are so hot right now. All puns intended. With this low-fat method of frying food, you can enjoy healthy air fryer recipes for air fried chicken with only a fraction of the guilt you get from eating KFC!
Wondering if air fried foods are actually healthier than deep-fried? The good news is that science states this is absolutely the case. An air fryer manages to crisp up your food using only one tablespoon of oil vs. multiple cups, so the food only has a fraction of the fat but all of the taste! Its also a safer method of frying food since you dont have to contend with scalding, popping oil.
You can deep fry pretty much anything, from air fryer roasted pork chops to sweet potatoes and everything in between. Weve been busy cooking up a storm every since we started carrying air fryers from Philips, Brentwood, and the ever-popular Instant Pot.
If youre wondering just how versatile an air fryer is, just look at this list of recipes weve collected and were sure your mouth will soon be watering.
Our Favorite Healthy Air Fryer Recipes Going into 2021
1. Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into cutlets
- 1 tablespoon oil olive oil, canola, or vegetable oil½ cup (25g) dried bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl and drizzle with oil. Make sure that they're well coated.
- In a shallow dish, mix the dried bread crumbs with the spices until well combined.
- Coat each chicken breast in bread crumbs, and transfer to your air fryer basket.
- Air fry in the air fryer at 390°F or 200°C for 10-12 minutes. After the first 7 minutes, open the air fryer and flip the chicken on the other side then continue cooking (cook for 3 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast used)
2. Air Fryer Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup low-sodium marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 oz.)
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 oz.)
- Coat the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray. Cut tops off peppers and reserve. Seed the peppers and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in rice and panko; cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in marinara, parsley, pepper and Parmesan. Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared peppers.
- Place the peppers in the prepared air-fryer basket. Nestle the pepper tops in the bottom of the basket. Cook at 350 degrees F until the peppers are tender, about 8 minutes. Top with mozzarella; cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more.
3. Air Fryer Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Russet Potatoes
- Shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Scrub and wash each potato then prick several times with a fork.
- In a large bowl drizzle oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Rub the oil and salt onto each potato until evenly coated.
- Transfer potatoes to greased air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through. Time will vary depending on the size of potatoes and air fryer.
- Let potatoes cool for 5 minutes or until safe to handle.
- Slice potatoes in half, lengthwise. Scoop out insides and transfer to a bowl. Leave a portion of potato attached to the skins for support and to prevent tearing.
- Add bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper to bowl with potato filling. Mix with a fork or a hand mixer.
- Scoop filling mixture back into potato skins. Top with additional cheese and bacon.
- Return to air fryer basket and air fry at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley then serve.
4. Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Heat an air fryer to 375ºF. Meanwhile, trim 1 pound Brussels sprouts and halve any that are larger than an inch wide. Transfer to a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and toss to combine.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the air fryer and shake into a single layer. Air fry, stopping to shake the basket (or rotate the pans in larger air fryers) about halfway through, for 15 minutes total. Meanwhile, prepare the shallot butter.
- Finely chop 1 medium shallot. Place 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave. (Alternatively, melt in a medium saucepan over low heat, then remove from the heat.) Add the shallots and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar and stir to combine.
- When the Brussels sprouts are ready, transfer into the bowl or saucepan with the shallot butter and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
5. Air Fryer Chinese Egg Rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork or chicken
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil, for brushing
- Cook the filling: In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil along with the ground pork or chicken. Break apart the meat with a spatula or wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook until the meat is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, carrot, scallions, and cabbage. Continue to cook until cabbage wilts down and is soft, another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly. Season the filling with soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and take off the heat to cool. (This filling can be made in advance.)
- Assemble the egg rolls: Place a single egg roll wrapper on a dry surface with one point of the square facing you (like a diamond). Place about 1/4 cup of the egg roll filling mixture in the middle of the wrapper.
- Dip your fingers in water and run around the edges of the wrapper. Then fold the edges of the wrapper over the center and start rolling the egg roll away from you to form a tight cylinder. Place on a plate and repeat until you are out of filling. You should get at least a dozen egg rolls.
- Air fry the egg rolls: Place the egg rolls in the basket of your air fryer. Spray or brush them lightly with oil. Add as many as you can without stacking the egg rolls, making sure they dont touch. Air needs to circulate around them. Brush the egg rolls lightly with oil.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and turn the air fryer to 350°F. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, then flip the egg rolls, spray or brush with oil a second time on the bottom side, and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Finished egg rolls should be golden brown and crispy! Serve immediately.
6. Air Fryer Extra Crispy Chicken Wings
- 1 lb chicken wings split into flats and drummettes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Thoroughly pat dry chicken wings with paper towels and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Coat in 1 Tbsp oil then sprinkle on 2 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp lemon pepper. Toss to evenly coat with seasoning.
- Place on an air frying basket, spacing evenly, and air fry at 400?F for 8 minutes per side, or a total of 16 minutes, or until chicken wings are crisp and golden brown on the outside.
7. Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional: Sliced avocado and lime wedges
- For salsa, place the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let stand until serving.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Sprinkle steak with the remaining cumin and salt. Place on a greased tray in the air-fryer basket. Cook until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 6-8 minutes per side. Remove from basket and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place onion on the tray in the air-fryer basket. Cook until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes, stirring once. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve in tortillas with onion and salsa. If desired, serve with avocado and lime wedges.
8. Air Fryer Fish
- 1 lb. cod, cut into 4 strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Tartar sauce, for serving
- Pat fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, egg, and panko in three shallow bowls. Add Old Bay to panko and toss to combine. Working one at a time, coat fish in flour, then in egg, and finally in panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, place fish in the basket of the air fryer and cook at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, gently flipping halfway through, or until fish is golden and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
9. Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated ravioli
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- Marinara and fresh parsley for serving
- Microwave a medium sized bowl of water until boiling. Drop ravioli in for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a bowl combine bread crumbs with 1/2 cup or Parmesan cheese. I gave the shredded cheese a bit of a rough chop.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl with the garlic salt.
- Dip ravioli in egg then press into bread crumbs, coating both sides.
- Fill the basket of your air fryer with a single layer of ravioli.
- Set to 350 degrees and 9 minutes.
- Remove from the fryer and serve hot with marinara for dipping, with a nice dusting of fresh parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese.
10. Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack of baby back ribs, cut ribs into sections
- 1 tbsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Brown Sugar (add low carb sugar if you are keto such as Truvia Brown Sugar Blend)
- Pat the ribs dry with a kitchen paper towel then rub all over oil and liquid smoke.
- Mix all the ingredients for seasoning together. Season the ribs with the spices.
- Cut the rack of ribs into sections 4-5 ribs to fit the air fryer.
- Cook the ribs in the air fryer for 20 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on the rib thickens as well as your air fryer.
After the ribs are done, you may brush some BBQ sauce and pop in the air fryer for 5 more minutes, but it is not necessary. I like brushing just the leftover drippings for more flavorful ribs.
If you do not want to add BBQ sauce then just allow the ribs to rest for about 10 min so the juices could go back.
Looking For a Good Price on an Air Fryer?
Here at Vacuum Cleaner Market, we offer the lowest prices on air fryers, and plenty of other household appliances - and we ship across the country for free!
Have a question before purchasing? Our support team is here to help, and we offer special deals over the phone as well. Reach out to us today!