******NOTE: For the newer C1 COMPACT vs C2 COMPACT review CLICK HERE. This blog post is for the older C1 Classic models.
Miele has 3 different series of canister vacuum cleaners. Today we will be explaining the difference between the C1 Classic Series and the C2 Compact series. We will go over the similarities / differences, show which models are comparable to one another and then do a short description about each one. We hope all this information can help you make the best choice for your specific needs.
Miele C1 vs C2 Similarities
- Powerful vortex motor
- 6 speed suction control for different cleaning tasks around the home
- Attachments that come standard (dust brush, crevice & upholstery tool)
- Compatible with HEPA filters for those households with asthma and allergies
- Long metal extension wand and hose for great reach
- Rubber 360* non-marking castor wheels
- 20 year average life span
- 7 year limited warranty
- Both series only offer and electric power head model w/ the 217-3. neither series has a power head suitable for high pile wall-to-wall carpeting
Miele C1 vs C2 Differences
- Body Size- the C1 series is a bit larger body size than the C2’s more compact figure
- Sealed system- The C2 series is completely sealed. This means that zero air leaks out from the time it is sucked up through the time it goes through the whole filtration process
- Bags and filter compatibility- C1 (GN bags & HA30 filter) C2 (FJM bags & HA50 filter)
Similar Models in Each Series
|C1 model||C2 model||Suitible Flooring|
|Capri||Onyx||Hard flooring / area rugs|
|Delphi||Short / medium pile carpeting|
|Titan||Topaz||Hard flooring / Short & medium pile carpeting|
Miele C1 Summary
This series is the “entry level” for Miele canister vacuums. They make 4 models that are designed for simple hard floor use to a mixture of hard flooring and short pile carpeting. Durable function, powerful suction, affordable pricing and great cleaning versatility are the benchmarks that make this series the most popular Miele has.
Miele C2 Summary
This series is best known for its smaller body size. This allows for easier storage and maneuverability. The completely sealed system means if you purchase a HEPA filter, you will have a world class air filtration vacuum.
Now to find the correct vacuum for your needs you will still need to figure out the model that has the correct floor attachments. Click HERE to visit a comparison page below to help assist your buying decision.