Dyson Corrale Hair Straightener - Black Nickel and Fuchsia
The Dyson Corrale Hair Straightener is the most ingenious model on the market. Equipped with copper flexing plates that shape and adapt to your hair, you can achieve your desired style without repeatedly passing over your hair and, most importantly, with less heat.
These manganese copper plates are known for their flexibility, strength, and thermal conduction while other brands’ use solid plates that risk hair damage. Outside of the plates is a curved body design which allows for more than simply straightening – create curls and waves with ease or opt for a sleek and smooth style.
A removable cord allows for up to 30 minutes of hassle-free styling, all with the same power of a cord. Let the straightener recharge for 70 minutes or insert the cord back in if time is short.
Continue reading below for tips on how to style your hair when using the Dyson Corrale Hair Straightener for the first time!
- OLED screen: Displays battery level, temperature control and charging status during use.
- Auto shut-off and Safety lock: Switches off after 10 minutes of inactivity for added peace of mind, and plates lock for immediate storage after use.
- Ready to travel: Universal voltage and a Flight-ready feature let you travel abroad with your straightener.
Prep hair: Before styling, ensure hair is detangled and completely dry. For best results, section hair.
Temperature: Begin at a medium heat (365F) and adjust up or down depending on your hair type and texture.
Loosen grip: Because the flexing plates shape to gather your hair, you can loosen your grip when styling, letting the machine do the work for you.
Style speed: Flexing plates allow you to style hair in one, slow pass vs. multiple quick passes. To slow down your movements, try using one second per inch as a baseline. Speed may vary by hair type.
Tress size: The perfect tress size will depend on your hair type. Try a few different section sizes and see what works best for you. If you have coarse hair, begin with a smaller section. If you have fine hair, try larger sections for a smoother glide.
Position of tress: To maximize the benefits of the flexing plates, ensure your tress is in the middle of the plates when styling.
Styling your ends: If you have fine hair, it may be difficult to style your ends. For a smooth glide, try styling the roots and mid-lengths of hair first, and style the ends last so you can take larger sections of hair. This allows the flexing plates to fully gather the section of hair.
Styling products: Finish with your favorite styling products.
Number of Heat Settings: 3
Model Number: 322851-01
Product Weight: 5 lb
Battery Life: 0.5 hours
Battery Chemistry: Lithium-ion
Digital Display: Yes
Plate Material: Copper
Maximum Heating Temperature: 410 degrees Fahrenheit
What’s in the Box:
- (1) Dyson Corrale Hair Straightener
- (1) Charging dock
- (1) Heat-resistant travel pouch
- (1) Magnetic 360˚ charging cable
For a copy of the owner's manual, please click here.
How does the Dyson Corrale straightener compare with other straightening tools on the market?
- Unlike conventional straighteners that use solid plates, the Dyson Corrale straightener is the only straightener that uses flexing plates to shape and gather hair, enabling enhanced styling with less heat. This enables you to achieve the same style but with half the damage, reduced frizz and fewer flyaways.
What temperature do the plates reach? What temperature is needed for optimum performance? Does the temperature impact the damage caused to my hair?
- The Dyson Corrale straightener has three different temperature settings: 330oF, 365oF and 410oF. The optimum temperature for styling will depend on your hair type and the style you are trying to achieve. Damage from extreme heat increases with the amount of heat you apply to the hair. We therefore recommend starting at the lowest temperature setting and increasing the temperature if needed. The Dyson Corrale straightener’s flexing plates allow you to achieve your same style but with less heat, therefore half the damage.
What do you mean by flexing plates?
- Our flexing plates are precision machined to the width of a human hair with 15 micro-hinged segments on each plate. This means they can flex and adapt to hair, controlling it during styling. They are made of a manganese copper alloy, chosen for its strength, flexibility and thermal conduction.
How much run time does the battery give you?
- From full charge, you can achieve up to 30 minutes cord-free styling from the Dyson Corrale straightener. Exact run time depends on your hair type and styling habits. A full charge takes just 70 minutes. To maximize your run time, place on the charging dock when not in use and in between styling sections. The OLED screen and chime will indicate that your machine is charging properly. We recommend always beginning with 100% charge for maximum run-time.
Can I fly with this hair straightener, even though it's battery operated?
- Yes. The Dyson Corrale straightener has a Flight-ready feature that disconnects the battery, designed to adhere to International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) regulations. Please always check with your airline before you fly and place your Dyson Corrale straightener in your carry-on luggage. It also has Universal Voltage, so you can charge it while you're abroad. Stricter regulations in Japan mean you will not be able to fly in or out of any Japanese airports with your straightener.
- (2) Year Warranty, Parts and Labor
on orders over $19.99